[Zope] Usind Wildcards in Search fields

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 10:25:07 -0500

Your post isn't clear, but I assume you mean you connected an SQL
database, and used the built in search forms. Most SQL servers accept a
query of the form X like 'thus%' where percent is the same as * and
underscore (_) is the same as ? in shell scripting. However, I have not
used the built in search forms, so I don't know if they properly detect
a '%' or '_' and switch to using like instead of equals. I doubt it,
based on what I've read, so you'll probably have to rewrite the SQL
queries.

Howard C. Shaw III
Programmer/SysAdmin
St. Thomas High School