[Zope] Zope startup problems

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:31:56 -0600 (MDT)

Hi, after a great experience with the Zope Linux/x86 binaries, I am now
trying to get a source installation running for the first time, but seem
to have overlooked something.

This is on a Cobalt RaQ. This is a MIPS processor with Linux
2.0.34. Basically a RedHat box. I built Python 1.5.1 and Zope-1.10.2-src
with no problems. I'm using Apache. When I go to this URL:

http://zope.swcp.com/Zope/

I see Zope.cgi process, then I see in my browser after about 15 sec:

     ! Temporarily Unavailable
     The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please
     try again later.

     (102) failure during connect
     <!--
     Connection refused
     pcgi-wrapper-version 2.0a5
     -->

In /usr/share/zope/var, I have only

 Data.bbb Data.bbb.in

(pcgi.* seem to be missing?)

Also, I do not see suspicious entries in apache's access and error logs.
Below is the relevant section in my Apache config. But the rewrite rule
seems to be working since the Zope.cgi process is getting started. Would
really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

<VirtualHost 198.59.115.167>
ServerName zope.swcp.com
ServerAdmin admin
DocumentRoot /home/sites/home/web/zope

ScriptAlias /zope-bin/ /home/sites/home/web/zope/cgi-bin/
<Directory /home/sites/home/web/zope/cgi-bin>
AllowOverride None
Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
</Directory>

# Zope configuration maps everything to the Zope.cgi CGI script
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /home/sites/home/web/zope/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1 [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

</VirtualHost>

Please cc: alrice@swcp.com on your reply since I'm only in the list
digest. TIA

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA