[Zope] adding Oracle adapter?

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:11:54 -0400

>  But I want to
>  access my Oracle database with Zope SQL methods, so I
>  downloaded the Oracle
>  database adapter (Z Oracle DA).  The "installation
>  instructions" only tell
>  me how to build DCOracle; no sign of how to install
>  ZOracleDA into Zope can
>  be found, and Zope has yet to read my mind and detect
>  ZOracleDA's presence.

The .tgz contans a README.txt file in the src directory which details
the all-too-painful process of compiling the Oracle modules.  Even in
its current state you should be able to visit the Control Panel/Products
folder and see a broken ZOracleDA product.  Check the README.txt for
step-by-step compilation instructions.

BTW, what platform are you running (Win/Sparc Solaris)?

--Rob