[Zope] = replaced with == in sendmail!!!!!

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:08:11 +0200

At 09:01 16/04/99 , Paulo Eduardo Neves wrote:
>"Jay, Dylan" wrote:
>>
>> > From: Paulo Eduardo Neves [mailto:neves@inf.puc-rio.br]
>> > I've just managed to send accend chars (iso8859-1) in an
>> > email. I had to
>> > add some headers to the message to make it work. Adding it
>> In fact looking at the code in MailHost.py again, these headers are already
>> added.
>
>Buh! I haven't even tried to send accented chars in an email without
>changing the headers. I looks like people at DC borrowed Guido's time
>machine to satisfy our desires:-)
>
>Just the subject line isn't correctly quoted. :-(
>

>In other email:
>
>> def quote(c):
>>         i = ord(c)
>>         return ESCAPE + HEX[i/16] + HEX[i%16]
>
>You are right changing quote solved this problem.

Uhhmm...

If you had a look at the list archives, you could have seen I am
responsible for all this mess. The version of MailHost that comes with
1.10.2 encodes all emails to quoted-printable, using a modified version of
the quoted-printable code that comes with Python. This version is based on
patches I wrote.

Meanwhile however, the MailHost product has been altered by me again, now
to make quoting of the body optional, and also offering a choice of
different quoting mechanisms.

DC has expanded on these latest patches, and has meanwhile developed a
<!--#mime--> DTML tag as well, to better support MIME types and encodings.
You can use the Public CVS repository to get a copy of the latest version
of MailHost. The <!--#mime--> tag can be found at:
http://www.zope.org/Download/Prereleases/MIMETools/

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer