[Zope] File size

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:59:06 -0400

Hmm.. there is no built in restriction to 2gig on the object database,
there is however a 2 billion *object* restriction.  Is this some sort of
OS restriction on file size your pointing out?

In either case, both restrictions will be removed with the introduction
of ZODB3 (formerly know as BoboPOS).  In addition to introducing
multiple stores and threadability, the 2 billion object restriction will
be lifted because we're moving from 23 to 64 bit OIDs.

-Michel