[Zope] Bug? cancel button in Z Search Interface

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:29:09 +0200

Hi everybody,

I've used the Z Search Interface product to generate (search) input and
report pages for a Z SQL Method. The input form that is created works
fine for entry, but when I use the 'cancel' button it appears as if the
input is being validated to be the right type (string, float, int, etc)
just like when I use 'submit'. This is odd, as 'cancel' shouldn't care
about bogus values being entered at all. This makes things difficult in
various cases, for example with SQL searches, but also with SQL insert
statemens for which I've been using these interfaces. If you have want
to enter a record, and decide against it and press 'cancel', it gives
you errors because you aren't entering the required values.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something? If it's a bug I'll go add it
to the collector.

Regards,

Martijn