[Zope] Zope site testimonials needed

Jordan B. Baker jbb@spyderlab.com
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:45:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Marquess E.. Lewis wrote:

> We are wrapping up a trade study trying to make a platform decision
> for our web publishing environment.  Zope is one of the top contenders
> (the other is very, very expensive) but I need to see some more examples
> of complex zope-hosted sites.  I've visited those listed in the
> testimonials on zope.org but I need more.  The written testimonials are
> outstanding but I've got to be able to show things to my management.
>
> Here is the carrot: our budget is not small.  We can put a lot of
> resources into this and the Zope community should benefit as a whole.
>
> Submissions to the zope list or the email address below are greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Marquess
> markl@shore.net

Hi Marquess:

I am the technology manager for a web site development firm.  We've just
finished developing our first Zope-powered site at
http://www.bob-weber.com.  This is not a fully Zope site, we are using
Zope to drive the products listing pages and search engine (which will be
available soon).

We aren't using the full extent of the technology available in Zope, but
for everyday database integration needs Zope is a dream.  We are now
looking to extend our usage of Zope--we have three fully Zope-developed
sites on the way.

For a long time now I have been looking for a one-true web application
platform and once I started really getting into Zope I realized this
was it.  For one having the source code to the entire server is key for
me.  Many times if I write code that doesn't work for some reason I will
check the source to find out what is going on, instead of just being stuck
with a error screen.

Beyond Zope proper, Python is very powerful and there is a lot of room to
integrate the existing Python modules with Zope.

A question for you, are there any particular features that Zope is missing
that may make you pick this mysterious other application server?

-------
Jordan B. Baker -- jbb@spyderlab.com
weaving the web @ http://www.spyderlab.com