[Zope] DTML Documents vs. DHTM Methods

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:40:38 -0400

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 11:19:58AM +0200, Johan Carlsson wrote:

>   Where can I find a great explanation
>   of the difference between DTML Methods
>   and DTHL Documents?

A quick explanation is that DTML methods operate in the namespace of
their containing object (generally a folder), whereas DTML documents
create a new namespace level.  This makes a BIG difference when you're
trying to do certain things :-)  For example, the method "objectValues",
which I use a lot, will return the object values of the containing
folder when used in a DTML method, but will return basically nothing
when used in a document.

This ia a bit confusing, but...

Chris