[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] FTP Authorizing and custom User Folder

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:52:45 -0700

At 02:04 PM 4/21/99 +0400, Service Informatique CHSR wrote:
>Well, it seems that the FTP support in ZServer *requires*
>a Basic Auth User Folder (such as the one that is shipped with
>Zope) to allow someone to login.
>
>My site has a cookies enabled UserDb Folder at the toplevel, and
>whatever I try to do with FTP, I get "unauthorized" error.
>However, If I replace the top level UserDb Folder with a "normal"
>User Folder, everything works as intended.

Sounds like the problem is that ZServer doesn't save the cookies and send
them back when making FTP requests. This has been planned for a while, but
I just haven't gotten around to it, partially because I didn't see any good
reason for it. Now I have a good reason ;-)

Thanks.

-Amos