[Zope] publishing question

Jeff K. Hoffman jkhoffman@usa.net
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:42:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> <opinion>
> ZServer and Emacs is the hands down best way to 'manually' edit things
> in Zope.  The idea of 'WYSIWYG' editors is a good one, but as has been
> pointed out, often they make lots of assumptions about the filenames,
> they're picky and flakey about acutally publishing, and they just want
> to do things their way.  This often results in 'WYSINNWYAWAYCFI'  (What
> you see is nowhere near what you actually wanted and you can't fix it).
> Emacs supports the concept of 'WYSIWYM', What you see is what you *mean*
> (A powerful concept brought to us by the TeX people).  You can allways
> use your favorite WYSIWYG tool to generate the HTML, and then cut and
> paste it into a really killer tool like Emacs.
> </opinion>

Do ZServer and Emacs play nicely together, nowadays? I remember reading
something on the list a while back regarding some problems with this
setup. Also, does Emacs' HTML mode handle DTML well?

Any tips on how to get Emacs and ZServer working well together? Which
modes to use, anything special to put in .emacs, etc?

I would be thrilled to get this working. :)

jkh