[Zope] not to acquire from parent

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:24:53 -0400

I've just checked in some changes related to this.  These changes should
be available in the public CVS and will be in the 1.11 release.

So, with these changes:

  - There is a new attribute, aq_explict that converts an implicit
    (or any other) wrapper to an explicit wrapper.  This means that
    you can get a  version of an object that does not implicitly acquire.
    For example to see if an object has an unacquired attribute, foo,
    you'll be able to:

      <!--#if "_.hasattr(anObject.aq_explicit, 'foo')"-->

  - I took this opportunity to close a security hole.
    Attributes like 'aq_self' and 'aq_base' are no longer
    accessable from DTML because they can cause important
    security settings to be stripped off.  In particular,
    attributes with names beginning with 'aq_' and that are
    not 'aq_parent' or 'aq_explicit' are not accessable.

    Unfortunately, this change is not backward compatible,
    but I think the change is important and I doubt that many
    people are using aq_... variables in DTML at this point.

Jim

repeats.