[Zope] Me again, sorry for the trouble!

Tom Deprez Tom.Deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:57:00 +0200

Hi,

Yep, me again, that pesky person with it's dumb questions. Sorry, about
these questions, but I want to know everything and because nobody around me
knows something of this stuff, I've to ask you... hope you don't mind too
much. If you do, please say!

Ok, reading the docs and getting your explenations I see that the choice of
database (relational or object oriented) depends on the sort of data to
store. Well, I don't get this fully... Suppose we've this data to store :

Examination table :

Examination,  Rooms, FieldX, FieldY, FieldZ

Rooms Table:
Room, Equipements, FieldX, Subexams

SubExams Table:

..
..
..

This can be be put in a relational table :

Examinations :

Exa1, Room1, a, b, c
Exa1, Room2, c, d, e
Exa2, Room1, d, d, d

But also can be put in a object-oriented way :

Exa1
 Room1
 Room2
Exa2