[Zope] URL problems Fixed!! Zope works on Netscape Server!

Tim Hawes tim.hawes@ncmail.net
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:15:47 -0400

--------------9CAFB592F1B36719544D21F6

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> [...]

I could not agree more, however, the successfulness of any software product
will
be based on how well the software integrates with what is already out
there.
Many companies have already invested in the expensive junk, and when they
are
introduced to open source software, the transition is much more possible if
open source
is compatible with what they have already purchased. This prevents
expensive overhauls
to the new system (any major software overhauls, free or not, can be very
expensive when
you start talking 'bottom line').

> The easy solution is to use a standards compliant server, and not
> Netscape.  Given Netscape's current market situation it may be a while
> before they ever fix this.
>
> The hard solution is to go through all of the Zope files, and change
> every form action that is "." to <!--#var URL1--> and all ".."s to
> <!--#var URL2-->
>
> Note, this is not tested, and may not even work.
>
> -Michel

Michel,

Going through and editing files seemed to be the "more likely"

candidate in my case, so from the Zope directory, I issued:

grep 'FORM ACTION=\"..\"' `find ./`|grep -v '#'|less

Nothing showed up. So then I do a:

grep 'FORM ACTION=\".\"' `find ./`|grep -v '#'|less

Two files show up.

Two instances in ./lib/python/OFS/main.dtml

and one in ./lib/python/OFS/renameForm.dtml

I changed the FORM ACTION="." to FORM ACTION=<!--#var URL1--> and

restarted pcgi. It worked!

Can this information along with the editing that needs to be done

on nscgi-auth.c for it to compile for Enterprise 3.x be posted

somewhere where others can get to it? It would be nice to have this

documented. And it would be nice if this solution changing "." to

<!--#var URL1--> (works for other servers) could be made to the

Zope distribution.

Thanks!

--

Tim Hawes