[Zope] organizational questions

Martin Dougiamas martin@complex.curtin.edu.au
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 20:11:20 +0800 (WST)

Paul Everitt wrote:

> Martin Dougiamas wrote:
> > The funny thing is that
> >
> >   <!--#var "myapp.myfunction"-->
> >
> > correctly returns all the raw content of the DTML document,
> > so it *can* find it OK.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> The quotes switch DTML into "expr" (expression) mode.  Outside of
> expressions, DTML is limited to very safe operations.  Getting
> attributes (the dot) is an operation that requires the security
> machinery to get involved, to make sure that you have permission.

Oh.  I was logged in as manager ....  so I didn't think security was
a problem.  Is there any other way to do this?

For now I'm using the other suggested technique in this thread, of

   <!--#var myfunction-->

and just calling it from the browser as:

   /myapp/somedirectory/somefilethatcallsmyfunction

but it does spoil the URLs somewhat.

Cheers,
Martin
--
### Martin Dougiamas -- Internet Agent          is == i see
### Centre for Educational Advancement