[Zope] Has anyone tried to make Zope invisible using IIS

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:28:33 -0400

> > As much as I hate to suggest it, you may be forced to hack the
> > code in lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py that determines
> > what the BASE variable should be... or switch to using a more
>
> What are the implications of doing this? Can I just hard code
> in my vitual
> address and everything should work fine?

If it were _me_, I'd do the following, to avoid having to
hack the distributed Zope code (which will be a pain when
you later want to upgrade to a new version):

1) In your _top_ level Folder, define a property called
   base_url, with a value that reflects your alias to
   the top level zope folder.

2) In places where you need hyperlinks, instead of using
   BASE0, use a construct like:

This way, you dont have to hack the code, the links should
look right and if your base_url changes, you only need to
change one property to fix the entire site. The drawback,
of course, is that you won't be able to use relative urls
in your hrefs (because the browser would prepend the contents
of the base tag), but this is usually not a big problem in
practice.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909