[Zope] Operation timeout under IE4.0

Miller, John M. jmiller1@uop.com
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:16:52 -0500

Greetings and salutations (though after that spam-ed Test message of mine
many of you may be ready to salute my butt into high orbit),

I have a feeling this may be old ground, but luck has failed me searching
the documentation and list archives.

My server setup is:
	Zope 1.10.2 (binary release, Python 1.5.1, win32-x86).
	IIS4.0

I have no problem using Netscape to access and fully use the management
screens.  The problem arises when I use IE4.0.  I get  errors on the order
of (I got this trying to add a DTML document, I also get a similar error
when adding a DTML method) :
	Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
	http://pmatrix:9673/cgi-bin/ZopeDevel.exe/manage_addDTMLDocument

	The operation timed out.

A couple of notes:
	1) I don't seem to get this error when adding a Folder object.  I'm
not sure, but I only seem to have this problem with DTML documents and
methods.
	2) A proxy server is used on my local network for web access, but my
IIS server is local and I'm pretty sure I've disabled the proxy for local
access.

Many thanks,
John Miller