[Zope] Couple of 2.0b1 observations on win98

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 21:53:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, zzzz tttt wrote:

> I am trying zope 2.0b on the win98 desktop (eventually will move to redhat
> when I understand it <g> ); Extremely impressed with the system.
 >
> A couple of points:
>
> (i) Keep getting an error when I try to create a date property (string  is
> ok) following the lead from the manual (for 1.x)
What traceback are you getting?
(Tracebacks are important in Python/ZOPE).

> (ii) Got an error when  tried to upload an image (file is ok) from the
> server itself (browser on server); uploading from elsewhere  is ok.
>
> I assume there is no earthly way to get zope to run external cgi-scripts or
> executables (with Zserver that is; for the moment I am using zserver) unless
> the script is in python.
Well, you could write an external method that constructs a CGI
environement, and runs the cgi-script, ...

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256