[Zope] zope as staging server

Thaxter, Jason M. Jason.M.Thaxter@abc.com
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:20:43 -0400

Hi,

First of all, Zope is fantastic.  However, in order to adapt it for my
immediate task, I need to:

	1)  Make a prettier, easier interface for my userland (and for the
suits, who love pretty graf-x)
	2)  Use Zope on the staging server only, and add a method to publish
objects via arbitrary means
		(flat HTML, ftp, scp, rsync, whatever)

I'm pretty sure #1 is a fairly simple matter of designing my own pages that
call the various zope management methods.  And #2 seems doable, but I'm not
sure enough of the internal architecture of
Zope to do this (nor have I programmed in Python before, tho it looks to be
fairly obvious 00 stuff).

Should I write an external method for this?  I suppose the strategy would be
to add properties to my Zope objects to hold info regarding the destination
of the flat HTML, and then write a method to support them.

Finally, has anyone done this already?

JT