[Zope] Can't get Zope auth and RH 6.0 Apache to work!

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 16:39:55 -0400

"Eric, Stacey and Lydia Miller" wrote:

> Help!
>
> I can't get Zope authentication to work with RH 6.0 and Apache! I can't get
> past the management login.

Does it work with ZServer? (fire up 'python1.5.2 z2.py -D' to run
ZServer in debug mode).

> So, can someone take pity on a poor MS programmer trying to make a move over
> to Linux and send me their conf files or offer any other advice? My
> preference is to have the latest version of Apache running so that I can
> investigate other application server archs not just Zope.

See if you can get it to work with Zap:

http://www.zope.org/Download/Releases/Zap-1.1.0

You can drop Zap into your Zope, start ZServer with the '-p' option, and
fire up 'Zap/startzap'.

This will make Zope accessable on your localhost 9673 port, I believe.

-Michel