[Zope] Zope and Editors

Stephan Richter SRichter@ixl.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:28:57 -0500

> Any suggestions, though, on how to do this?  The only way currently to
> tell what to add via FTP is by the normal "magic" stuff (file
> extensions, investigating the content, etc.
I personally like file extensions. I think everything behind the last dot (.)
should define the file type. Always. I think that would be also good for Zope.
Why write index_html, when you can write index.html?

> Even worse, how would you edit the arguments list in a SQL method via
> FTP?
Good Question. You could do something similar to HTML. The entire document
is a SQL Method document. Then you have a "tag" (similar to head), maybe called
ARGS to define the arguments. And use the BODY tag to specify the SQL statement
Example:
File name: qryGetMembersByGender.smf (smo - SQL Method File)
Content:

<!--#args -->
   gender:string = "f"
<!--#/args -->

<!--#body type=sql -->  # Having a type allows to use that format with other doc types
    SELECT * FROM members
    WHERE gender= <!--sqlvar gender type=string-->
<!--#/body -->

Note: I hope my example has the right syntax. I am still a little shaky, since
I started coding in DTML last night. :)

> We have some pretty good suggestions on how to do this, but first it
> would be interesting to hear other ideas.

I hope I was of any help.

My question:
I was just reading the Zope manual and read about Sessions. I know the
manual is written for Zope 1.10 and I have Zope 2.0 Beta 1, but I could not
find the Session options. I personally believe they are very valuable.
Another question: Can I give different permissions to edit information and
publish them. For example, iXL has many clients that want to use Content
Management. But before any content from any department gets finally published a
web editor must read it and approve the content (grammar and spelling ...).
Does Zope's permissions are able to do this?

stephan

--
Stephan Richter
iXL - Software Designer and Engineer