[Zope] Creating a New Object Type - Use ZClass or Python?

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 14:31:39 -0700

Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> > But as far as I'm concerned, there is still a big gaping hole with regard to
> > associating object instances non-heirarchicaly. The ZODB will support this,
> it's
> > possible to build DTML interfaces for this, but it's not part of the current
> > management interface. I think it should be, BEFORE Zope 2.0 is finalized, and
> > I'm willing to shell out some cash to make it happen.
>
> Just to clarify this, Zope 2 is at FEATURE FREEZE, and is only going through
> bug fixes.  Any requests for new features, paid or unpaid will not be
> satiated be 2.0 is released in the "very near future."
>
> It is our policy that once a product has entered the beta stage that no
> additional features are added, those may only occur at the alpha stage or
> prior.

Oh. Darn.

What is the roadmap post-2.0? are you going to do 2.x releases, or will you save
up most changes for a 3.0 release after another long alpha period?

Michael Bernstein.