[Zope] Images Properties

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 12:43:15 +0200

At 12:02 04/08/99 , Anthony Baxter wrote:
>now if only someone would add a 'inputtag' method, which would make it
>output the magic for '<input type="image">' with the image...

The official spec doesn't mention any HEIGHT and WIDTH attributes, so we'd
only default the alt attribute. Note that neither Netscape Navigator or MS
Internet Explorer claim to know about the ALT attribte, at least not
according to their online HTML references.

The code then would be:

     def inputtag(self, alt=None, **args):
         """
         Generate an HTML INPUT type=image tag for this image, with
         customization. Arguments to self.tag() can be any valid
         attributes of an INPUT tag. 'src' will always be an absolute
         pathname, to prevent redundant downloading of images. Defaults
         are applied intelligently for 'alt'.
         """

         string='<input type=image src="%s"' % (self.absolute_url())

         if alt==None:
             alt=self.title_or_id()
         if alt:
             string = '%s alt="%s"' % (string, alt)

         for key in args.keys():
             value = args.get(key)
             string = '%s %s="%s"' % (string, key, value)

         return string + '>'

Place this around line 483 of Image.py (Zope 2.0b1) and you can call:

     <dtml-var "MyImage.inputtag(name='SubmitImg', tabindex=5, align='top')>

Apparently the INPUT type=image can also take the 'usemap' attribute, but
how this is meant to work I don't know (see HTML 4.0 spec,
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40, section 17.4).

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer