[Zope] Zope Lockups

Robert Leftwich robert@leftfieldcorp.com
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 23:00:28 +1000

One of my clients has been having a problem with Zope locking up every
time she changes something. It appears that Zope goes into a loop
somewhere as there are no tracebacks or anything else to indicate an
error except that the browser reports that the page is unavailable and
any subsequent attempt to go to the management screens or any other part
of the site fails.

The setup is as follows :
	Zope 1.10.3 (modified slightly to include the _on_delete_object()
protocol and some timezones added to DateTime) running ZopeHTTPServer as
localhost
	Windows NT4 (SP3)
	IE5

I can perform the same changes against a copy of her database without
any problems on my test setup which is running an identical 1.10.3
installation on a NT4 (SP4)/IE5 machine.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour or anything like it ?
Are there any issues with Zope/Python on an NT box and service pack 3 ?

Right now after spending most of this afternoon attempting to isolate
the problem I am open to any and all suggestions as to how to track down
the problem. The major difficulty is finding out what Zope/Python is
doing when it goes off into the ether. Is there some way of breaking
into looping Zope/Python code to find out what it is up to ?

Any and all help much appreciated

Robert Leftwich