[Zope] incomplete Help System

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 09:38:51 -0400

> At 22:59 01/08/99 , Alex Rice wrote:
>>Just posted to Collector:
>>
>>   The Help Tab in the 2.0 series Zopes has incomplete information. For
>>   instance, in Object Reference/'Folder' there are only 3 methods
>>   listed. However, on http://www.zope.org/HelpSys/, 'Folder' has 38
>>   methods listed.
>>
>>Is there any way I can update this information in my current Zope
>>installation? (2.0.b)
>
> That is because between Zope 1.10 (on which Zope.org runs) and Zope 2.0 a
> lot of functionality of the File object has been split out to the
> ObjectManager object. Look at that entry in the Help System.

Oh it's even more fun than that.  A lot of it is now dynamically registered,
rather than sniffed out, so things in the help system need a major
refactoring.  We had a meeting 2 days ago to discuss this, and the decision
was that we wanted to fix the online help system, but we're not sure it'll
happen before the RELEASE of 2.0.  Until then, unfortunately, a lot of it is
in the code.

Chris