[Zope] ZServer and multithreading

jason@brahms.siteprotect.com jason@brahms.siteprotect.com
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 15:14:42 -0500

I'm using ZServer to publish my own set of Python objects.  Eventually,
I plan to move this to a full product, but I haven't had a chance to
yet, and things seem to be working the way I have them setup.

I know that Zserver is multithreaded.  My question is what does that
mean for my code?  I need to have multiple threads of execution occuring
simultaneously, as some of the objects perform rather lengthy
computations.  Is this automatically handled by the Zope framework
(sounds surprising, but I'd certainly take it :-)  If not, what
types of things need to be done to my code to allow multiple threads?

Thanks for any advice,

-jason

Jason Abate
jason@hostway.com