[Zope] Important Note to List Members

Sean Robertson webolutionary@webolutionary.com
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:09:45 -0400

I discovered something when I signed up for the list and though a word of
caution to list members was in order.  If you go to
http://www.zope.org/mailman/roster/zope you can see a list of current
subscribers.  This pages lists all of our email addresses (albeit with "@"
replaced with " at " forcing would be spammers to do a search and replace).
If you wish not to have your email address displayed on that list, simply
click your address in the list, change the last option on the following page
to "Yes", enter your password, and click submit.

It is my personal opinion that this option should be set to yes by default,
since it is quite likely that many people miss that option completely and
don't realize that this list is online for all the world to see.  People
should be able to add themselves if they want to, but they should not be on
that list automatically when the option is as inconspicuous as it is.

Sean Robertson
WEBolutionary Consulting Services

Web Sites:
    WEBolutionary Consulting Services
        http://www.webolutionary.com/
    trueSpace-Mania
        http://truespace.mania-online.com

Email: webolutionary@webolutionary.com
ICQ: 26484016

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
     - Dr. Evil