[Zope] Empty List Object

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 12:13:17 -0400

wombat_harness@hotmail.com wrote:

> hi all,
>
> does anyone know how to check if a list object is empty. Using the
> following code i am getting an error, any thoughts:
>
> [FORM SIDE OF CODE]
>
> <TD><INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="delete:list" VALUE="<!--#var
> product_id-->"></TD>
>
> [FORM PROCESSING SIDE]
>
>   <!--#in delete-->
>     <!--#var sequence-item-->
>   <!--#else-->
>     Sorry, no deletions
>   <!--#/in-->
>
> So, what am i doing wrong?

An unfortunate feature of HTML checkboxes is that
unchecked checkboxes aren't included in the form, so
in your case, you don't have an empty list. You don't have a list
at all. Fortunately, the if tag can deal with this:

 <!--#if delete-->
   <!--#in delete-->
     <!--#var sequence-item-->
   Sorry, no deletions