[Zope] Database Connections for ZOPE 1.10.3

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 06:49:20 -0400

> I have two separate database connections to an oracle database. The
> connections are in separate folders and are attached to the
> same ORACLE
> database.
>
> Are there any hidden do's and don'ts for multiple database
> connections?

Not that I can think of...  Of course, since 1.10.3 is not threaded you
should take care not to do any really expensive queries.

> Are the connections actually one in the same?

No -- if you asked the database who was logged in (ala sp_who on sybase)
you'd see two logins.

> Are there any platform issues where this is a bad
> idea(Windows ODBC or LINUX
> - NET8)?

Can't think of any.

--Rob

P.S. - How goes Oracle on Linux?  Stable, reliable, etc, "easy" to
setup?