[Zope] Installation Question

Nick Garcia ngarcia@codeit.com
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:10:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Brian Salisbury wrote:

> Was this too simple a question?

Apparently :)

> Brian Salisbury wrote:
> >
> > I've got a dedicated Linux server; no root access.  While installing
> > Zope, I get this error, "./install: bin/python: No such file or
> > directory".  I've tried everything I know, but I don't know what is

Well, it looks like you downloaded the binary distribution, right?  The
binary distribution should have python included with it, which is what
it's looking for.  Basically, when you untar the file you downloaded, you
have a Zope-2.0.0b3-linux2.i386/ directory (for example).  Under this, you
should have a bin/ directory, where you should find the python executable.

Unless you moved that files around before running install, and somehow
didn't move the bin/ directory, everything should be there.

> > going on.  I looked through the relatively sparse Zope Docs and couldn't
> > find anything new out.  If you could possibly explain why this occurring
> > and, even better, provide a solution, I'd be grateful.  I hope I don't
> > need root to get Zope working.

No, you shouldn't need root access.

Nick Garcia | ngarcia@codeit.com
CodeIt Computing | http://codeit.com