[Zope] Removing "unremoveable" items

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 21:40:52 +0200

When do you do when you've imported an old Zope 1.x database into a
subfolder of a Zope 2.0 database and you want to delete redundant
objects such as Control Panel, standard_error_message and so on?

In a Zope 1.x installation I exported the complete root folder, then
converted it to ZODB3 format using bbb.py, and then imported it into the
Zope 2.0b3 installation. Now I sit here with things I cannot remove.

Is there really any sane reason why a user shouldn't be permitted to
remove special objects that are not on the root level?

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"He won a first at Oxford, squandered three fortunes, made love to a