[Zope] acl_users

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:22:01 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Paul Chung Chee Soong wrote:

> Another one, how can we logout from the current session(if there's one in
> Zope) and relogin again as another user? I need this to do testing on
> different type of user. I don't want to wait for it to timeoutto login
> again as another user. Please help me . It's urgent. Thanks in advance.

There aren't actually any sessions at all.  What happens is that your
browser caches the password you type in and feeds it to Zope when it next
asks for the password (which is everytime you access the page).  Hence,
you need to clear the browser's password cache (not webpage cache)

I don't know how to do that under Netscape (except by starting a second
copy of Netscape or closing and reloading), however, IE 5.0 stores the
passwords by window (I think).  So, simply open a new window and fill in
the password dialog.

> -- Paul Chung

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder