[Zope] FYI: Running Zope off a CD-ROM

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:22:41 +1200

In article <37B2A881.421F3520@digicool.com>, Paul Everitt
<paul@digicool.com> writes
>But still it's a neat opportunity for Zope.  Where else can the app
>server _and_ database be cranked up with one click and leave your system
>in a nice state?  Try that with ColdFusion or Domino. :^)
>
>If anyone thinks this would make a good "How-To", either for the part
>about running in read-only mode or the mail archive application, lemme
>know.

Excellent idea.  Encyclopaedia Brittanica is/was released with a web
server on the cdrom, and I think it was multi-platform web site.

I can imagine Medline, or Index Medicus being released in this way (
though I guess DVD would be more appropriate for those databases! ).

-------
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz