[Zope] Custom form for editing property sheets in ZClasses

Itai Tavor itavor@bigpond.net.au
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:24:32 +1000

I want to provide a custom properties editing page for a ZClass,
rather than use the standard form (propertysheets/myprops/manage). I
created a method named edit_myprops and created assigned it to a view
named "My Properties". The form action is
"&URL1;/propertysheets/myprops" and the submit button uses <INPUT
TYPE=submit name="manage_editProperties:method" VALUE="Save
Changes">. Which all seem to work fine, except that I get sent to the
main class management screen after hitting Submit, rather than back
to the same page. Can I do anything to make it return to the same
page?

Actually, I'm lying. It's not fine at all. To make life more
complicated, this ZClass is a base class for another ZClass. This
second class defines a view to its own property sheet as well as
another one for edit_myprops. After clicking Submit in the
edit_myprops page, the main property sheet is displayed, with -
surprize - the properties from the myprops sheet. But if I click the
Properties tab, the same property sheet load again, this time only
with the actual properties defined in it. Guess I don't have to worry
about this... it will disappear anyway when the first problem is
solved. It's just a bit strange.

If this isn't complicated enough, I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

Itai
--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au       --               - Kermit the Frog --