[Zope] Can't see traceback for broken product

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:03:15 -0400

Tim Vetter wrote:

> Folks,
>
> A few days into Zope now, and it looks darn
> impressive. Unfortunately my ISP runs Apache
> and won't set up the rewriteengine config or
> recompile to allow authentication pass-through,
> so I'm trying to set up cookie-based authentication
> using the etcUserFolder product.

Fortunately there is another alternative: let Apache handle
authentication.  Take at look at doc/WEBSERVER.txt in your distribution,
under the section:

  Allowing your server to handle authentication itself

Ultimately you'll probably want to do something different, like cookie
auth.  But it might help you get going for a while.

--Paul