[Zope] ZServer lockups

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 12:15:16 +0100

In article <613145F79272D211914B0020AFF64019262879@gandalf.digicool.com>
, Paul Everitt <Paul@digicool.com> writes

>And one other debugging thing to look for: when it's hung, check to see
>if the process is consuming much CPU.

ok I don't know what's causing my lockups. I have the 1.9 HTTPResponse
etc and I can reliably after around 2000 hits from my torture tester get
the win32 ZServer to lock as far as HTTP is concerned. I can use the
monitor to see that things are alive in the medusa loop.

My cpu hog thread is responsive (the job queue is empty) and I'm able to
add a job and have the server thread go. And the system monitor reports
no serious work going on unless I start it. I am unable to get in via
netscape.

The interesting thing is that the torture script is also hung so it may
be a strangeness related to win9x ie too many requests hanging on the
port or somesuch. Killing the torturer doesn't help though.

I suspect that HTTP publication is locked somehow. When it happens again
is there anything I can look at to test various/threads etc?
--
Robin Becker