[Zope] Problem with Zope and Proxy server

Duncan Booth duncan@rcp.co.uk
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:18:19 +0000

I do most of my network access through a firewall with a Netscape
Suitespot Proxy server and I now have a Zope 2.0 Beta 3 system set
up outside the firewall. Mostly it works fine, but I find that attempting
to submit a form with a POST method always fails with Error 400
(Not Found). This happens with any form I create but only if I use
POST (changing the submit method to GET and it all works fine) and
only if I access Zope via the proxy.

The problem seems to be with the Netscape Proxy server
interpreting the result from Zope as any side-effects on the Zope
server do happen.

Can anyone suggest what is happening here?