[Zope] newbie question

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:35:04 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Martin van Nijnatten wrote:

> How can I create an ODBC database connection with a SQL Server database?
>
> Platform: Win98

Hi!,
I haven't used ODBC for SQL Server but have used it for Excel
spreadsheets.  The process is:

	* Upgrade OBDC to the latest drivers
	* Go to OBDC32 in your Windows Control Panel and add a connection
	  to SQL Server.
	* Start Zope 2
	* Ensure ODBC product is ok (check in Control
Panel/Products/ZODBC)
	* Add an SQL Connection
	* Add an zODBC instance
	* Select your instance and turn it on
	* Select zODBC instance in the SQL connection list
	* Query away!

The reason that you cannot query zODBC directly is that the SQL connection
provides a standard interface to all database adaptors.

> Martin

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder