[Zope] Using ZPublisher.Client

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 00:48:31 -0400

Tony Lownds wrote:

> My problems are with sending files, multipart/form-data stuff.
>
> When using Netscape,
>
> sending a file to a Zope2 server works.
> sending two files under the same name to a regular CGI works.
>
> When using ZPublisher.CLient,
>
> sending a file to a regular CGI works fine.
> sending a file to a Zope2 (b4,ZServer) server hangs the client.

If uploading one file with ZPublisher.Client fails, then this is a bug
and should be reported to the Collector in great detail:

http://www.zope.org/Collector

Although this is probably not a "showstopper" bug, it should be looked
at to see if it leads to a deeper problem.

> sending two files under the same name to a regular CGI doesnt work - the
> data in the file does not get there. (details of that are in a previous
> post)
>
> I had not realized that sending regular parameters to a Zope2 client
> worked, though - I did all my initial testing of "zmailclient" using a
> regular CGI, and now I'm working on DTML docs to do stuff with uploaded
> email info.

Did your problem go away when you tried sending regular parameters?

-Michel