[Zope] Setting up a simple restricted access

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:07:03 -0400

Zope security is based on Users, Roles, and Permissions.  The Zope
content manager's guide has a whole chapter on this:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ZCMG/ZCMG-HTML/ZCMG.6.html

Note that Zope's security system is much more sophisticated that
.htaccess files.  You will have to learn some new concepts.

As a simple answer to your problem, you need to click on the 'Security'
view of the object you want to restrict and turn off the 'View'
permission for the 'Anonymous' role.  You can also add *new* roles which
do or do not have the 'View' permission enabled.  Then you can add users
and give them a role which does or does not have permission to do
certain things.

-Michel