[Zope] possible bug w/ CatalogAware?

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:20:23 -0600 (MDT)

I have not posted this to collector yet. If it looks legit, let me know
and I will post it. Please let me know one way or another, so this one
doesn't get forgotten.

Using Zope2 beta 4,

I have ZClass which inherits from CatalogAware (Basic Tab says "Base
classes ZObject, _ZClass_for_CatalogAware")

A DTML method defined in ZClass which edits a propertysheet and calls
the reindex_object() method of CatalogAware.

(The point is to get the Catalog to keep up to date with edits on the
ZClasses it is cataloging.)

The symptom is strange. The dtml method is named editSelf(). Like this,
it works as intended:

  <dtml-call "propertysheets.info.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
  <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('reindex_object')">

However, like this, it doesn't appear to call reindex_object, or it
just doesn't do anything:

  <dtml-call "propertysheets.info.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
  <dtml-call reindex_object>

Any ideas on this? I would very much like to not be forced to issue a
redirect to get the reindex_object to take place.

Is there any more documentation available on ZCatalog especially
CatalogAware?

--
Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA