[Zope] How could I do it...

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:07:29 -0400

> I want to rewrite a simple ZPublisher banner exchange to a Zope app.
> I'm new to Zope and I don't know how I could to it. What I need is a
> way to create user accounts (need not to be Zope users) which
> different
> fields. A new user should submit a HTML form with password, name,
> email, etc. and a ne user account should be created (user
> object?). The
> user should be able to modify or delete his user account data.

I'd look at:

(a) UserDB,
(b) ZSQL Methods, and
(c) a Database Adapter (DA) for your favorite, platform-capable database

The UserDB will let you create Zope users that are stored in a
relational database.  ZSQL Methods and your favorite DA (e.g., SybaseDA,
ODBCDA, etc.) will give you the connectivity to the rdbms.

A lot depends on what you want to do with the user object.

--Rob