[Zope] Server specs.

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:05:22 +0200

Hi all,

Regarding the comments I received, we decided to use following
configuration for server.

The server is connected on the intranet. It will run Zope, PostGresSQL
(because I don't know if SyBase new versions will be free too) on Linux,
RedHat 6.0

We've about 2000 Pc's which can have access to Zope
OS are Macintosh or Windows

About 150 (at the moment PowerMacs, later on NT) will run intensive queries
on the server.
These 150 should get the results very fast.

About 500-600 will ask less intensive requests.

The server has the privelage that it may be down for some time. So no
expensive  HD systems. However, the data is important and needs to be
backuped.

Specs :

Pentium II : 400-450 Mhz
Memory : 256 MB SDRAM (probably ECC)
Hard-disk : >25GB

Backup :

* Now: Data doesn't change too much, we also need to make CD demonstrations :

HP CD Rewriter (Does someone know about compatibility problems of these
writers  with Linux RedHat 6.0?)

* Later, when system needs to be frequently updated ( > 1, 1.5 year from now)

Does someone knows some supported backup systems for RedHat 6.0?

Somebody any recommendations?

Kind Regards, Tom.