[Zope] ZSQL method - PostgreSQL error

Constantin Teodorescu teo@flex.ro
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:46:05 +0000

A strange error I have encountered today :

Environment:
RedHat 5.2 i386 Linux
Zope 2.0.0b4 running with ZServer (not with apache)
PostgreSQL 6.5.1
ZPyGreSQLDA-0-0-3
PyGreSQL v2.4

I am defining a Z SQL method in order to select some records from 3
linked tables.

If the query will return only two fields (date and value) everything is
ok, I can see the results, publish them.
If I am selecting 3 fields from the tables (date, explanation and value)
I am receiving the error:

Error Type: pg.error
Error Value: ERROR: hash table out of memory. Use -B parameter to
increase buffers.

This is a PostgreSQL error and it's related with some PostgreSQL backend
parameters. The buffers can be increased with a -B parameter.

BEFORE increasing the number of buffers I have tried the same SQL select
in "psql" (the PostgreSQL monitor). It succeeded!!!
I have tried the same SQL select in PgAccess (the PostgreSQL graphical
administration tool). It succeeded!!!
The tables aren't so big (5 Mb the whole database). The strange thing is
that the same query is succesfully executed by other front-ends (psql is
written in "C" and PgAccess in Tcl/Tk).

The default # of buffers is 64. I restarted PostgreSQL with 128 and then
256 buffers. The same result. Zope cannot retrieve that select.
That means that the error could be in PyGreSQL module?

Any clue?
--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA