[Zope] (bug?) long result sets sometimes return wrong mime-type "Application/Octet-Stream" "Application/Octet-Stream"

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:22:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Heiko Stoermer wrote:

> I think I discovered a bug (might be even two, now that I think about
> it):
Which Zope version?

> I have a simple ZSQL query that returns some 500 rows. I created a
> standard search interface (size=50), which of course produces the "next
> x results" hyperlink at the bottom of the table.
> Now:
> 1.) the Hyperlink always says "Next 1 results", where it should say
> 50... (or whatever I put in the "size" parameter of the search
> interface's "in" tag)
>
> 2.) if I move forward to, say, row 150 or so, using the link sometimes I
> don't get a page displayed but the Navigator-dialog "save as ...
> (application/octet-stream)" appears. (I can certainly save the file to
> disk, reopen it via "file-open" and it gets displayed correctly. of
> course it does: a "file-open" does not transmit MIME-Types...)
> If I change the "size" parameter in the search interface to another
> value (e.g. 200) I get the "save as.."-dialog right away...
Well, older Zope versions were very picky what characters are valid, and
any result that contained other characters was labeled binary.
Actually, this mostly hits Windows users, as certain programs just use
the windows charset. ;)
> Is this problem already known, and maybe even solved yet?
Try Zope 2.0.0b4 ;)

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256