[Zope] I'm blind...

Arpad Kiss Arpad Kiss" <sekter@mail.matav.hu
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:55:10 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Arnaud Lecat <lecat@hexanet.fr>
To: ZOPE <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 6:01 PM
Subject: [Zope] I'm blind...

> Hi
>
> After playing and playing with Zope, I still don't understand what is
> the difference
> between DTML document and DTML method... :( Anyone can tell me clearly ?

DTML method is the method of the containing folder. Because of this the
<!--#var title--> returns the title of the folder if you use DTML method and
in the case of DTML document it returns the title of the document.

> Second question... how to access a method (or document ?) located in a
> folder
> up from actual position ? I'm trying to make a sidebar menu which I
> could use
> from anywhere of my site and that should display the subfolder of a
> folder...

Create a new folder with an index_html document then examin the content of
the document. <!--#var standard_html_header--> and <!--#var
standard_html_footer--> access objects located in the root folder, so
simple. Acquisition.html at zope.org explains this mechanism.

> Bye
> --
>        >> WinErr: 080 Clavier introuvable - Veuillez appuyer
>           sur n'importe quelle touche pour continuer. <<
>

> Arnaud LECAT >> Email: lecat@hexanet.fr >> WWW
> page:www.hexanet.fr/~lecat
>
>                     HEXANET >> http://www.hexanet.fr
>
>                 Z.A. Farman sud - 9 rue Roland Coffignot
>                  BP 415 - 51689 Reims Cedex 2 - France
>      phone: (33) 03 26 79 30 05             Fax: (33) 03 26 79 30 06

Regards,
Arpad