[Zope] editing via ftp

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:52:08 +0200

zope@zope.org wrote:
>To save typing in a long site name, you can get EFS to recognize an
>abbreviation in the same way as the normal file
>functions. However, EFS is only normally loaded when needed so it won't spot
>abbreviations the first time an FTP site
>is accessed. To avoid this, load EFS on startup by adding this line to your
>.emacs file:

Another data point: on my vanilla Xemacs install I can do
/user@host#port:<tab> in the minibuffer and get connected to
Zope. Works like a charm, although EFS does a delete before
uploading new copies of the file, meaning that Zope defaults
the file to DTML Document, even if it was a DTML Method
before.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>