[Zope] Using Z Classes...

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:24:51 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Holten <donner@biophysics.lanl.gov>
To: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 4:35 PM
Subject: [Zope] Using Z Classes...

> Hi!  I've created a Z Class named ZCounter with the following methods:
> GetCount
> InitCounter
> SetExclude
>
> It has the usuall add and factory stuff too.
>
> I've checked out the documentation, and they say how to make a Z Class
>object, but how do I use one?  They didn't seem to have any examples.  How,
for
>instance, would I use the method GetCount that is in the ZCounter?  Thanks!

The ZClass methods are methods that are available to any instance of the
ZClass. To use the methods, you need to first add an instance. So, in the
management interface for your Zope root, you select "ZCounter" from the add
list, and assign it an id (eg "test").

From the web, you could call the GetCount method of test like so:
http://your.site/test/GetCount

From DTML, you could call it like this:
<dtml-with test>
<dtml-call GetCount>
</dtml-with>

or <dtml-call "test.GetCount()">

(Warning: I did not specifically test the above... I'm just going on what
I've done with my ZClasses)

Kevin