[Zope] Re: Scalability issues

Squishdot squishdot@yahoo.com
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:07:53 -0700 (PDT)

wow...
RHAT/Gnome is using my software!!!!
(maybe i should da brought some stocks...j/k ;^))

I don't exactly know how to answer this, but maybe Bruce Perens (bruce@perens.com)
knows more about high-volume traffic performance tuning with Zope and Squishdot...

His squishdot site, technocrat.org,  was slashdotted a few weeks back, and his machine
was pretty modest but he did some tweaking and it held up and didnt go down
or become unresponsive...

I believe he was using Apache+Zserver too, although he was using debian, not redhat,
linux... He's on vacation though, so he may not respond to your question until
he gets back (in the meantime, I'll try to look for his comments about the tweaks...)

Also, I know that Squishdot hasn't been optimized so there maybe a performance
bottleneck in there somewhere...

Best regards,

Butch Landingin
butchland@yahoo.com

--- Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> wrote:
> I recently set up a Zope+Squishdot site. If I run a loop like:
>
> while true; do
> 	wget -o /dev/null -b --quiet -x http://developer.gnome.org:65348/gnome-news/
> 	usleep 250000
> done
>
> ...the server eventually becomes unresponsive and does not recover.

<snip>