[Zope] Disturbing, inexplicable "broken product" entropy?

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:56:13 +0200

Is my database detoriating? All the time now, there is a disturbing
trend for objects suddenly to cease to function, and they turn up as
"broken". Clicking on the object, I get this:

  This object is broken because the unknown product that
  created it is no longer installed or is installed
  incorrectly. Please contact your product vendor for
  assistance. Note that the data associated with this
  product has not been lost, and will be accessible
  again if the product is reinstalled.

Except we're not talking about product class instances at all -- these
objects are DTML Methods, images, folders!

Just now a folder that worked fine yesterday was no longer available.
Augh! I suspect I'm suffering from spurious data loss, but why, and how
to fix it?

This is Zope 2.0.0b1; I'm upgrading to b5 right now. If what I'm
describing is a known bug, please let me know and I'll sleep a lot
easier tonight.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"QED?" said Russell.