[Zope] Recursive method

Roché Compaan sparroy@adept.co.za
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 17:29:48 +0200

> Sorry, I can't help you with your problem, but I have a question. I
> think you know how search engines save the pages...
>
> Can you tell me, how the following URL examples are stored by common
> search engines?

Well if i understand correctly, search engines will avoid all the URL's
which contains the question mark eg. "?queyry", "file.html?query", etc.
since the search engine interprets such a url as a call to a cgi program.
For a general and powerful analysis of webpublishing in general read Philip
Greenspun's on-line book on webpublishing: http://www.greenspun.com.  He
talks a little bit about search engines as well, can't remember in what
chapter though.

Roché